We are committed to practicing environmental stewardship that is in alignment with all applicable standards and regulations, as well as our own environmental policies, and to the extent possible, we minimize the impact of our operations on the natural environment during all stages of project development.
We are committed to maintain sound environmental practices in all of our activities and to continuously improve the efficient use of resources, processes and materials. Our aim is to develop and operate our mines in a sustainable manner towards building a better mining industry for the future.
For Capstone to succeed in fulfilling this policy, all employees are responsible for incorporating into their work the actions necessary to take all reasonable care for the protection of the environment.
As such, Capstone Mining Corp. and its subsidiaries commit to the following:
- Examine the potential impact to the environment of all proposed activities and take steps to minimize or, where possible, eliminate that impact.
- Operate in accordance with recognized industry standards, while complying with local and international applicable regulations and laws.
- On a regular basis, determine Capstone's impact to the environment and, through continuous improvement, strive to attain higher levels of environmental performance.
- Minimize all hazardous and non-hazardous materials generation and ensure the proper disposal of all wastes.
- Maintain a high level of environmental protection by applying reasonable best practices and technologies that minimize impacts and enhance environmental quality in respect of bodies of water, air, vegetation and wildlife.
- Maintain dialogue with the communities and other stakeholders within the area of influence in order to understand their concerns, minimize negative impacts and to enhance environmental quality.
- Progressively rehabilitate disturbed areas, where appropriate, and develop closure plans that can continuously improve and incorporate new technologies where practical.
- Train and educate all employees to understand their environmental responsibility related to all activities and operations.
- Require contractors and suppliers to operate according to Capstone's environmental standards and procedures.
- Consider environmental factors when purchasing equipment and materials.