Safety Comes First
The health and safety of our employees is fundamental to our business. Work related injury or illnesses are unacceptable and Capstone is committed to the elimination, control and identification, of workplace hazards for the protection of all employees. Our goal is to have zero personal injury accidents.
We are committed to implementing operational improvements that offer superior safety and occupational health management to ensure we maintain a healthy and safe environment for our employees and those in the surrounding communities where we operate.
To fulfill this policy, all our employees are required to conduct their work to the best of their ability and to take all reasonable care for their own safety and health, as well as the health and safety of their colleagues.
Capstone Mining Corp. commits to the following:
- Providing the expertise and resources needed to maintain safe and healthy work environments.
- Promote that occupational health and safety awareness is always at the forefront of daily operations.
- Establishing clearly defined safety and occupational health programs.
- Measuring safety and health performance, and making improvements as warranted.
- Operating in accordance with recognized industry standards, while complying with local and international applicable regulations and laws.
- Investigating the causes of accidents and incidents, and developing effective and immediate preventative and remedial action.
- Training employees to carry out their jobs safely and productively. No employee will be permitted to commence a job without the mandatory training.
- Maintaining a high degree of emergency preparedness.
- Requiring that contractors and vendors comply with all Capstone health and safety standards.
- Promote the Health & Safety Policy as a way of life in all aspects at our mines, project work sites, and in our families and local community.